Back to Pittsburgh I-Net Home
Debate & Discuss
Message Archive

FYI: Neighborhoods Online Highlighted in Gartner Group Report

FYI-This report might be interesting for the group.  Neighborhoods Online
in Philly is a decent site that I have found to have useful information.
-Whitney Finnstrom

> Note:
>
> The Gartner Group is a major consulting agency for
> industry and government covering trends in all aspects
> of computing and telecommunications.
>
> The following appears in a recent report on
>"Internet Customer Relationship Management
>"
>
> Needless to say, we're delighted around here.
>
> Those of you have never looked at Philadelphia's
> Neighborhoods Online can find us at:
>
> http://www.libertynet.org/nol/
>
> We've been willing to help citizen groups
> and local government in other cities develop
> parallel sites, so take a look--and if you're
> interested send a note directly to *me*
> at edcivic@libertynet.
>
> Ed Schwartz
>
> Internet Customer Relationship Management in
> State and Local Government
> ECSV-WW-DP-9902 4 Company Confidential
> © G2R, 1999
>
> Citizens to Citizens
> In addition to allowing citizens access to on-line services, the Internet
also
> changes the balance of power, with grassroots activists and public interest
> advocates accessing information about public policy and impacting the
> effect those policies have on their communities. Furthermore, the Internet
> builds relationships that link groups together, like Neighborhoods On-line,
> a group of community activists in Philadelphia. Neighborhoods On-line
> holds an extensive amount of information on Philadelphia
> government, and provides searchable lists of volunteer organizations,
> agencies and activists, and interactive forums on community organizing
> issues.
>
> Customer Relationship Management Trends and Drivers
> Agency Specific Trends and Drivers
> As a whole, state and local governments offer a variety of services for
> public and private entities alike, beginning with the state legislature and
> trickling down to city councils, local businesses and community groups.
> Within government agencies, the Internet offers services unique to each
>&& Criminal Justice,
>&& Natural
> Resources. While public access through the Internet allows governments
> to more easily disseminate information, it also increases trust and
> confidence in government, since on-line constituents are more rapidly
> aware of governmental events.
>  Ed Schwartz, Institute for the Study of Civic Values
> Neighborhood Calendar:
>http://www.libertynet.org/calendar/display.cgi?custom=NeigOnline
> JOIN: http://www.libertynet.org/nol/join.html
> Neighborhoods Online: http://www.libertynet.org/nol/
> ISCV: http://www.libertynet.org/edcivic/iscvhome.html

Swift Search Quick Questions Fast Facts Debate and Discuss Briefing Book