Re: Vision of Technology

Tony Peressini (peressin@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu)
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 08:52:16 -0600

At 8:17 AM 4/1/97, Suzanne Alejandre wrote:
>Good morning, Tony,

>I went to look at your Math Teacher Link site and even though I am working
>on  PowerPC 7600/132 with 48MB of RAM I find that my computer *bombs* when
>I go into your pages. It wasn't just one random time, either. I was rather
>persistent and it did it several times.
>
>This is not something that happens with other sites. I have been roaming
>around a lot this week. (I am on Spring Break!) I have been going into
>pages with java applets and animated gifs and all kinds of things which
>you would think might crash a system and I have been having no other problems.
>
>Has anyone else ever told you of such problems with your site? I really
>wanted to look around....but....I don't like bombs.  :(
>
>Sincerely,
>Suzanne Alejandre

Hi Suzanne,
Thanks for the alert about our website. I have not had anyone else report
that problem and I am puzzeled because everything seems to be working here.
Which webbrowser do you use? I am forwarding your note to our tech team
here to see if they have some ideas about the problem that you are having.
Sorry1 I look forward to meeting you this week!
Tony

Tony Peressini                          Phone: (217) 333-6336 (Office)
Department of Mathematics                       (217) 352-1687 (Home)

273 Altgeld Hall                        Fax:    (217) 333-9576
University of Illinois
1409 West Green St.
Urbana, IL 61801